Total Pageviews

Friday, November 30, 2012

Two things

One: I finished my last day of work today. Woohoo! No teaching or teenagers until March 18th... over 15 weeks away. :)

Two: I literally JUST found my first stretch marks TODAY. At 39 weeks and 3 days. Just 4 days before he gets here. I have 2 little squiggly bastards just above my belly button... and I was SO close to avoiding that badge of honor. Oh well. I refuse to complain about a single moment of this miracle of a pregnancy, and I'll just choose to see the stretch marks as good proof that our baby boy is growing away in there. But baby, there's not much room left in there so maybe you could just hang out for these last 4 days instead of packing on too much more weight, ok? Or, really, go ahead and grow. :) Stretch marks will just be my physical reminder that I actually DID carry a baby to term, which for many years didn't seem like something I'd ever get to experience. So I'll take it. I don't really plan on ever wearing a bikini again anyway. Ha.

4 more days! Ahh! Tuesday at 1pm. Tuesday at 1pm. Tuesday. at. 1. pm.

I can make it!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you!!! Many prayers for a smooth and healthy delivery. Wear those stretch marks with pride :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Em...four more days! I can't believe it - you've come a long way baby! My heart is overflowing with joy for you, my friend. Thinking about you and praying for you lots in these final days. Wish I could give you a hug in person! Love to you and your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww nuts! Oh well, wear those stretch marks with pride. So far I've been lucky, but actually who knows what's lurking on the underside of this giant belly - I certainly can't see for myself!

    So close, so close! Hope I join you :)

    ReplyDelete